Visitors to this Site (“users,” “you” or “your”) located in a European Union Member state, Switzerland or in California or Nevada in the United States should also review the supplemental statements below which describe specific rights granted to you by local law.
This website may contain links to other websites that may offer information of interest to you. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to the privacy practices of those linked sites. Any personal information you choose to provide on those linked sites will be governed by the privacy policies of those sites. Before using the linked websites, please review their privacy policies to understand how they use and protect your personal information.
This site is not intended for use by individuals in the US under the age of 18 or individuals in the EU under the age of 16. If you fall within those age restrictions, we ask that you not provide any Personal Data through this site. If you are a parent or legal guardian and a minor under your care has provided any Personal Data through this site, you may request that we remove such Personal Data by submitting a request as explained below under “Contact Us.”
- Information We Collect & How We Use It
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Data Retention
- Update Your Information
- Changes to the Privacy Statement
- Transfers of Personal Data -International Users
- Contact Us
- Supplemental Privacy Statement for Individuals Located in EU Member States or Switzerland
- Supplemental Privacy Statement for Residents of California
- Supplemental Privacy Statement for Residents of Nevada
Our website may collect Personal Data, which is information that either directly identifies you or could reasonably be used in combination with other information to identify you. Examples of Personal Data that directly identify you include your name, contact information, email address, and other information in combination with such identifiers. This website may also collect Personal Data that does not directly identify you by name or contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our website.
- This website may allow you to submit Personal Data for various reasons, such as to access specific content or features, or to contact us with your questions or requests. We may ask you to provide certain Personal Data depending on the type of activity or communication in which you are engaged. Such Personal Data may include:
- Contact Information. We collect this information in order to be able to communicate with you. This information may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, age range, and other information you provide on our website. Where we solicit this information, we will explain how the information you provide is to be used and ask for your consent to such uses.
- Interests and Preferences. This information helps us understand your interest in our products and services so that we can best serve you. This information may include contact preferences, languages, marketing preferences and demographic data. In some cases, we collect this information pursuant to your consent. In other cases, we collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Transaction History. This information helps us fulfill services you request and respond to your inquiries. It also helps us to understand your interests and preferences. This information includes how you interact with us and use our websites, purchase and correspondence history, and customer account information. Where you have purchased a product or service from us, we use this information in order to perform our agreement with you. In other cases, we collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
When you use or interact with the Site, the following information is automatically logged in our systems. We use this information to secure our websites, network systems, and other assets. We collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), domain and host from which you accessed the internet, browser type, operating system, and settings, the date and time of your access, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
Please do not send or disclose to us through this Site, social media, email, physical mail, during telephone conversations or any other form of communication with us any sensitive Personal Data unless we specifically ask for it. Examples of sensitive Personal Data include Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual.
We may collect Personal Data about you from third party sources with which you interact to add to the information that you provide, or which is automatically collected by the Site, as explained above. This supplemental information allows us to enhance our ability to provide you with content that better meets your interests.
Online social media platforms allow users to interact with others, including sharing information, content and images. We may offer social media platforms or interact with platforms offered on third party sites. We may collect information about you to facilitate your use of such social media platforms. If you use such social media platforms, you acknowledge that we may be able to access any information you make public through such sites and other information you allow us to have through use of privacy settings on such third party sites.
We may use your Personal Data as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- For administrative maintenance of the website, such as to authenticate Site visitors and provide access to the Site.
- To provide information or respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information.
- To provide you with further information about ESPERION and its products through advertising across multiple channels including but not limited to email, direct mail, digital advertising, telephone, and other advertising channels.
- To identify you and prevent further unwanted processing, if you request it and applicable law allows it.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuse of our products or services, and ensure the security of our computer systems, architecture and networks; and
For Site visitors located in the European Union (“EU“) or Switzerland, please see the Supplemental Privacy Notice for Individuals Located in EU Member States or Switzerland below for information on what we mean by legitimate interests and your rights with respect to your Personal Data.
For individuals in the states of California or Nevada, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data. These rights only apply in certain circumstances as allowed by state law. Please see the Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents and the Supplemental Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents below for more information about your rights and how to exercise them.
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including to (1) pursue legitimate business purposes, (2) while we have a contractual or business relationship with you, (3) to resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, (4) conduct audits, (5) enforce our agreements, and (6) as required by law (e.g. for regulatory reporting, legal, tax, accounting or other purposes), whichever period is the longer. To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data collected, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
It is ESPERION’s objective to maintain reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have concerns about the security of your Personal Data, please contact our data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to access or correct your Personal Data, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will address your request in accordance with applicable law.
A “cookie” is a small data file sent to your browser by a website you visit and subsequently stored on your browser. Cookies help to make your experience on our site easier. For example, if you register or log in, cookies will remember your username to make future log in easier. They can also remember your customized user preferences so that you receive information on our Site in ways that you like. Cookies also help us better understand how many visitors use our Site and what pages they are visiting (known as “traffic data”), to help us improve our Site.
Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time or upon logging out (session cookies); others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies). Our Site uses first party cookies (cookies set directly by ESPERION) as well as third party cookies (set by others), as described below. For more details on cookies please visit All About Cookies.
The Site uses the technologies described below.
We also use a cookie to record when a user has agreed to the cookie consent banner.
We use “analytics” cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. These cookies provide us only with anonymous traffic data (like number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page). These cookies may also allow us to track how often posts on third party websites, such as social media sites, are clicked on.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
The Site and our business may change from time to time. As a result, we may change this Privacy Statement at any time and when we do, we will post an updated version on this page and change the “Last Update” date above, unless another type of notice is required by the applicable law. You should consult this Privacy Statement regularly for any changes. By continuing to use the Site or providing us with information after we have posted an updated Privacy Statement, or notified you if applicable, you consent to the revised Privacy Statement and practices described in it.
ESPERION is based in the United States. If you are accessing our Site from the European Union, United Kingdom, Switzerland or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers and/or those of our service providers located in the United States as necessary to provide you with the information that you requested, administer our agreement with you, or to respond to your requests as described in this Privacy Statement. The United States may have data protection laws that are different than the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection and your rights continue to be protected.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about ESPERION’s Privacy Statement or the information practices on this Site. You may contact us as follows:
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
By postal mail to:
ESPERION Therapeutics, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
3891 Ranchero Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY NOTICE FOR INDIVIDUALS LOCATED IN EU MEMBER STATES OR SWITZERLAND
This section applies if you are accessing an ESPERION website from the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of the United Kingdom (UK) Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland. This section applies to Personal Data collected from Site Users in the EU or Switzerland who may provide Personal Data to us.
ESPERION is the data controller for processing Personal Data provided to us through your interactions with the Site or with us directly. For our contact details, please see the “Contact Us” section below. If you are an individual in the EU, UK or Switzerland, you can also contact Achieved Compliance Advocacy, Ltd., who has been appointed as ESPERION’s representative in the EU pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation on matters related to the processing of Personal Data. If you want to raise a question to ESPERION or otherwise exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data (described below), please contact Esperion@GDPRrepresentative.eu or if in the UK Esperion@privacyrep.co.uk.
Your Privacy Rights
Subject to applicable EU law, you may have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data that we hold about you:
- Right of Access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of all Personal Data you are lawfully entitled to receive along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to Rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to Erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent, where applicable and unless a lawful basis exists that prevents erasure at the time of your request. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we would tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by us by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to Object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so, unless a lawful basis exists to continue:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Data Protection Authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to contact us to exercise your rights.
“Legitimate interest” means our interest in conducting our business, managing and delivering the best experiences on the Site to you. This Privacy Statement describes when we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests, what these interests are and your rights. We will not use your Personal Data for activities where the impact on you overrides our interests, unless we have your consent, or those activities are otherwise required or permitted to by law.
The Site is not directed to EU or UK data subjects who are children under the age of 16. ESPERION does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children who are under the age of 16.
You can contact us with questions about this Privacy Notice for Individuals Located in EU Member States, UK or Switzerland or to exercise your rights as described in this Notice.
EU Email address: Esperion@GDPRrepresentative.eu
UK Email address: Esperion@privacyrep.co.uk.